Monday, November 16, 2009

So long summer!



This summer the "heat" never really hit and was altogether pretty mild. However I've been very grateful that, except for a week here or there, we have had an indian summer, until now. Goodbye flip flops and light jackets, hello boots and down coats. Even last week we hit 70! So it's with a sad heart that I post these pics as a farewell to summer (it is the middle of November so I guess it's been a good run). Sadly this summer we also had to say farewell to Kiddieland. Kiddleland was a great amusement park for kids. I used to go there when I was a little girl. Chris had his first job working there when he was 15. I am very sad that Robbie and Braedon will never visit there. Fortunately for Nik and Soph, my sister Tricia took them, along with my niece Kara. They spent all day there and Chris and I were able to watch them ride "The Scrambler".


Here they are in line, Sophia and Kara are in matching pink and brown outfits.


Sophia was tall enough to go by herself, while Aunt Tricia took the others



Here's pictures from our block party. Robbie was a little small for the moonjump but liked others bouncing it.








It's amazing how much the word "picnic" dresses up a sandwich.


2 comments:

Sadie Rose said...

Love the new layout and the picture!

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

What a beautiful family you have Katie. I love you all!