Sunday, May 17, 2009

Egg-tremely allergic

So for those of you who don't know, Robbie is allergic to milk. I found this out the hard way when I gave him a bottle of formula and he woke up covered in hives, weezing, blue lips, and scratching his whole body. 6 hours later in the ER the doctors ruled it "an allergic reaction to something". I could have told them that, in fact I did tell them that when I came in. But they're the doctors so they know more? Anyway I've been hesistant to try new foods with him, call me crazy but I didn't have fun seeing my son gasping for his every breath. Thank goodness the dr. sent me home with baby benadryl and an eppi pen (for real emergencies). Robbie is also struggling with his weight, as in he doesn't weigh enough. Crazy I know, my son dealing with a weight problem. Anyway I was talking to my Dr. and she suggested I try eggs, but be cautious cuz he might be allergic. Well I gave him the tiniest piece and well the pics speak for themselves.









I should also mention that I don't know why this kid isn't putting on weight. At his 1st bday party he ate 2 hot dogs. I take him to Wendy's and he eats a double stack. For dinner he just ate veggies, a piece of whole wheat bread, half a bagel and 7 chicken nuggets!! Anyway here's some other pics of the kids. And no Chrissy, there will be no pics of my bump this pregnancy. When I have to tell people that "no, it's just 1 baby" I'm carrying, even to my sister, I'm not that crazy for cameras at this point.



2 comments:

Sherah said...

Poor baby!! No eggs, either?! So sad! Those pics of all 3 kids are absolutely adorable, though :)

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

I want baby bumps!

I love your baby even with puffy lips. He's so cute and I'm sure he'll grow out of it.