Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer

Our family LOVES warm weather (well I'm not too sure about Robbie but I'll speak for him and say he does). Nik just told me today that he wishes he could live in Hawaii forever, cuz it's so warm. Sadly our vacation to Branson, MO wasn't as warm as we would have liked. It was hard coordinating all my sisters', parent's, and family's schedules and so April was when it had to be (largely due to my pregnancy and the 9 hour drive). Despite the weather, which we had warm days, we had a ball. We stayed at a very nice Marriott and enjoyed just being together, and the kids LOVED having Kara around all the time. Here are some of the highlights.

This is my dad's favorite spot. It's a Trout Hatchery. You can buy a cup of fish food, (for only 25 cents!!) feed the fish and watch them go crazy over the food, and learn WAY too much about Trout from an "educational" video. Robbie really isn't into releasing yet, so he just watched but the kids loved it.






It almost looks like Nik is sharing with Kara but no, he's stealing from her. Poor Kara, feeding one pellet at a time, while Nik dumped the whole cup in!! Boys will be boys...


Branson is home to the "Wild Woody". Basically a wooden Go Kart track that has a 3 story spiral climb. The only people who couldn't go on it were me, Robbie, and Nana (my mom). We just watched the excitement in their faces (and raindrops). There's been some discrepancy about who really won, I was watching the whole time so I know. Christina and Kara, and Erin got an extra lap for being in the front. Christina and Kara reached the extra lap first so they won, but my kids will tell you differently ;-)










Robbie seemed pretty content with his ride at first, after 10 seconds he basically had it figured out and gave me a look that said "We could have fed fish w/that quarter!!"




What would vacation be w/o food?! Robbie's favorite part of vacation was meals.....not surprised.



1 comment:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Robbie is a baby genius. He already has figured out the value of a quarter. Man that kid is so cute!